Tuesday 29 January 2013

Audience Research


As our opening sequence is a thriller we decided to do some audience research to find out what people in our target audience liked to watch. A lot of films fit into the genre of a thriller. A thriller usually includes a great deal of suspense, tension and excitement. The audeiemce like to have a high level of anticipation and they like to be uncertain of what will happen next. Thriller films tend to be adrenaline-rushing and fast-paced. It is usually a villian-driven plot, whereby he or she presents obstacles that the protagonist mist overcome.
I interviewed 3 people from our target audience and asked them these questions:

What genres of movies do you usually watch?
I love watching horror films that scare me, and leave me wondering what will happen next.
I usually watch comedy films and rom-coms, i quite like watching girly films too.
I tend to watch action films and thriller films, i love the suspense and not knowing what will happen.

Why do you watch these sort of films?
I watch horror films because I like being scared and i love the adrenaline i get when i watch them. Its great when i find a horror that actually scares me.
I watch comedies as they always cheer me up and put everyone in a good mood. When they can make everyone laugh its usually a good film. They are usually lighthearted and don't leave you in a bad mood.
I like watching action and thriller films because i enjoy not knowing what will happen next and when the film has a lot of suspense it really makes me want to watch the whole film to find out what will happen next. There is always something going on aswell so you never get bored watching it.  

Where do you usually watch films, and how?
I usually watch films on Love Film on my computer or i connect it to my TV, i also download some of my movies and watch them like that.
I usually only watch films in the cinema, if i see an advert for a film that looks good i will go to see it in the cinema but i don't usually buy it on DVD. 
I usually buy my films online or on itunes, i also buy a lot of DVD's when they have offers on so i watch a lot of older films that have been released for a long time.

Do you watch more British films?
I prefer watching American films, but if a British film looks good then i will definitely watch it.  
I do watch some British films, i have been to an independent cinema before which i enjoyed and this influenced me to watch more British films.
I have watched a lot of British films which i have really enjoyed but i also really enjoy watching American Films so i couldn't pick a favourite. 

What do you think of our chosen genre?
I think it is a good choice and will be fun to film. It will keep the audience interested and they will want to watch more of the film. 
I think this is a good choice as this is a good genre for your target audience, as people at that age are really interested in those sort of films at the moment. 
I really like this genre, as this is my favourite type of film so i will definitely want to watch it and i would want to watch the rest of it if it is good and has a lot of suspense.   

What do you think about our pitch and would you go to the cinema to watch our film?
I think this idea is really good and may be quite scary aswell, if you use suspense well then the sequence will end up good and make people want to watch more.
I really like the idea of the man stalking the girl, and the idea of using CCTV will be good and interesting to watch, as long as you can tell that it is CCTV.
I love this idea and think it works really well, i would definitely want to watch this film and look forward to seeing the finished product. I also like the idea of the man in the car, and the photos of the girl stuck up in the car.  

No comments:

Post a Comment